Privacy e Cookies
INFORMATION ON THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
hereby provides, in accordance with Article 13 of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (hereinafter only “GDPR”), information on the processing of personal data carried out within this Website.
1. Data Controller. The Data Controller is the Association “Osservatorio Permanente Giovani – Editori”, tax code 05054380489, with headquarters in Florence, Viale Guidoni, 95, e-mail: privacy @osservatorionline.it (hereinafter only “Data Controller”).
2. Purpose of processing. The Controller collects and processes the User’s personal data for the following purposes:
(a) respond to requests for information transmitted by the User to the Controller by e-mail and/or telephone contact;
(b) to ensure the functionality, usability and computer security of the website through technical cookies;
(c) to protect the rights of the Data Controller.
3. Legal basis of the processing. Data processing is carried out under the following legal bases:
(a) for processing carried out for the purpose referred to in point (a) of paragraph 2, the legitimate interest of the Data Controller to enable it to respond to requests for information sent by Users through the Website (cfr. art. 6 lett. f GDPR);
(b) for processing carried out for the purpose referred to in point (b) of paragraph 2, the legitimate interest of the Controller in ensuring the IT security of its website (cfr. art. 6 lett. f GDPR);
(c) for processing carried out for the purpose referred to in point (c) of paragraph 2, the legitimate interest of the Controller consisting in the judicial or extra-judicial protection of its rights (cfr. art. 6 lett. f GDPR) or the fulfilment of a legal obligation to keep records (cfr. art. 6 lett. c GDPR).
4. Recipients of the persona data. The data collected and processed may be communicated, to the extent strictly necessary:
(a) to the company owning the servers on which the website resides and providing the Controller with the server hosting service for the website;
(b) to the company appointed by the Data Controller to carry out the service of maintaining and updating the website for reasons strictly related to the fulfilment of this task;
(c) to consultants, professionals and/or other third parties who may be appointed to protect the rights of the Data Controller (e.g. lawyers);
The full list of data recipients may be requested by contacting the Controller at the contact details given in Section 1.
5. Data transfer. The server on which the website resides is located in Italy. The Data Controller therefore does not transfer personal data to non-EU countries.
6. Duration of processing. The processing operations described above will be carried out by the Controller for the following durations:
(a) for processing carried out for the purpose referred to in Paragraph 2, letter (a), for the time necessary to allow the Controller to respond to the requests transmitted by the User;
(b) for processing operations carried out for the purposes referred to in paragraph 2 (b), for the duration imposed by the relevant legal obligations;
It should also be noted that, for processing for the purposes referred to in Paragraph 2, letters (a) and (b), the data will be retained, subsequent to the durations specified above, for the time necessary to defend the rights of the Controller in court (for example, in the event of a claim for damages by the data subject).
7. Right of data subject. Finally, we remind you that at any time, by means of a communication to be sent to the Data Controller at the addresses indicated in Section 1, you may exercise access to and obtain the deletion, updating, rectification, limitation and integration of the personal data concerning you, as well as exercise all the rights provided for in Chapter III of the GDPR and national laws on matters under their jurisdiction, where the conditions are met. You may also receive in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format the personal data concerning you. In accordance with Article 77 of the Regulation, you may lodge a complaint with the competent data protection supervisory authority if you believe that your rights have been infringed. Finally, if the processing is based on our legitimate interest, you may, in application of the provisions of Article 21 of the Regulation, object to the processing at any time for reasons related to your particular situation.
8. Cookie. The cookies used by the website and the characteristics of each of them (name, purpose and duration) are specifically indicated in the box that appears when accessing the website. In accordance with the Guidelines issued by the Italian Data Protection Authority (Garante per la Protezione dei Dati Personali) with provision no. 231 of 10 June 2021, the use of technical cookies (i.e. necessary for the proper functioning of the website) and anonymised analytical cookies do not require the User’s prior consent (but may be disabled at any time), while the use of non-technical cookies (i.e. for profiling and/or marketing purposes) requires the User’s express consent via the specific box on the website.
The site is a technical intermediary for third-party cookies, used to provide additional services and functions to visitors and to simplify the use of the site itself, or to provide personalised advertising. This site has no control over their cookies which are entirely managed by third parties and has no access to the information collected through these cookies. Information on the use of these cookies and their purposes, as well as on how to disable them, is provided directly by the third parties.
• Google Ireland ltd e Youtube ltd (https://policies.google.com/privacy);
However, users can also express their preferences regarding cookies through the settings of the browser used. By default almost all web browsers are set to automatically accept cookies, but users can change the default configuration through the settings of the browser used, which allow them to delete/remove all or some cookies or block the sending of cookies or limit them to certain websites.
10. Deactivation of Cookie. Disabling / blocking cookies or deleting them may affect the optimal use of some areas of the site or prevent certain features, as well as affect the operation of third-party services. The configuration of cookie management depends on the browser used. Below are instructions and links to guides for managing cookies for the main desktop browsers:
• Microsoft Edge: click on the icon with the three dots in the top right-hand corner and then on ‘Settings’. From the menu on the left, select ‘Cookies and site permissions’ and adjust your cookie settings. Below is a link to more information:
• Google Chrome: click on the icon with the three dots in the top right-hand corner and then on ‘Settings’. Select ‘Advanced’ and in the ‘Privacy and security’ section click on ‘Site settings’. Then adjust your cookie settings by selecting ‘Cookies and site data’. Below is a link to more information:
• Mozilla Firefox: click on the icon with the three horizontal bars in the top right-hand corner and select “Options”. In the window, select ‘Privacy and security’ to adjust your cookie settings. Below is the link to more information:
• Apple Safari: select ‘Preferences’ and then ‘Privacy’ to adjust your cookie settings. Below is the link to more information:
• Opera: select the icon with the three horizontal bars at the top right and then on “Advanced”. Select “Privacy & Security” and then “Site Settings”. From the “Cookies and site data” section, adjust your cookie settings. Below is the link to more information:
For browsers other than those listed above, you must consult the relevant guide to identify how to manage cookies.
Osservatorio Permanente Giovani Editori